Go-To Homemade Brownies



I regularly use multiple different brownie recipes depending on what I'm creating. This recipe, however, is my anytime-I-need-to-throw-a-batch-of-brownies-together-in-a-hurry recipe. I feel confident in saying I've made at least 50 batches of these brownies over the years and they've never once failed me. It's fast, easy, and super-yummy! Much better than an out-of-the-box brownie any day!

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, cut in to pieces
4 oz. dark chocolate (I like to use Trader Joe's Belgian dark chocolate)
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 9" x 9" square baking pan by lining parchment paper across the bottom and sides of the pan, like a sling. You can use a little butter on the pan to help the paper stay in place.

In a stainless steel bowl over a pan of simmering water (or double boiler), melt the butter and chocolate.

Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a spoon. Stir in flour and salt and beat with a spoon until the batter is smooth and glossy (about 1 minute). Pour the brownie batter evenly into the prepared pan.

Bake in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until brownies start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely (about 1 hour).