Serves 10.
30 pancakes (make your own, or buy ready-made)
6 large eggs
1-½ cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
Pure maple syrup, for serving
Cut each pancake in half. Lightly grease a 13”x9” baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange halves, cut sides down and overlapping slightly, in 3 rows starting at 1 long end of prepared baking dish.
Whisk together eggs, cream, milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly pour egg mixture over pancakes; cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make the Streusel: Combine flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl; cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender (or use your fingers) until mixture is crumbly. (Note: I omitted the pecans when making this for a crowd because of nut allergy concerns. I also found that I needed to add a little melted butter, along with the cold butter, to achieve the desired consistency for the streusel).
Uncover casserole, and sprinkle streusel mixture over the top. Bake, uncovered in preheated oven until center is set, 50 to 55 minutes. (Note: Mine started to brown excessively on top about half-way through, so I loosely covered the top of the pan with tinfoil to prevent over-browning). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle each serving with maple syrup. (Note: I generously drizzled the entire pan with regular syrup before cutting into serving-size pieces).