Cobb Club Sandwich



Serves 4. I love these sandwiches! Love them!

1 medium tomato, sliced thin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup mayonnaise, divided
3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
12 slices Pepperidge Farm White Sandwich Bread (do not substitute a flimsy, lower-quality bread), lightly toasted
2 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and sliced thin
1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced thin (or substitute guacamole; I use the stuff you buy at Costco)
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained 
3 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooled and sliced thin (I use the pre-grilled chicken breast strips in the refrigerated section at Costco to cut down on time and effort)

Place tomato slices on several layers of paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for 15 minutes, then press with additional paper towels to extract excess moisture. Set aside.

Using fork, mash 1/2 cup of the mayonnaise and blue cheese together in small bowl until smooth.

Spread blue cheese mixture on one side of 8 slices of toast. Spread 3 tablespoons mayonnaise on one side of remaining 4 slices of toast. Place 4 cheese-coated toasts on work surface. Layer each with sliced tomato, egg, and avocado. Place plain mayonnaise-coated toasts, mayonnaise side down, over avocado; spread tops of toast with remaining mayonnaise. Continue layering with 2 strips bacon and sliced chicken. Top with remaining blue cheese-coated toasts, facing down. Cut each sandwich into triangles (I use my electronic knife for a clean cut). Serve.

For a printable version of this recipe, go here.